1) My first time in Paris. I felt the city belonged to me. There weren’t enough hours in each day to explore the city. It felt like finding my soul mate.
2) Long, leisurely drives around the southwest of France in my husband’s bright yellow 1965 Alvis. People waved at us and took photos of the car. We visited every medieval bastide in the area. (I secretly expected to see the ghosts of the Cathars).
3) Visiting the terracotta soldiers at Xi’an and walking along the Great Wall.
4) Going on long walks along the cliffs in Jersey, Channel Islands, with my hubby and taking in the striking scenery and pure air. It was so peaceful yet dramatic
5) Feeling like a local in Barcelona because I can read and understand the restaurant menus written in Catalan.
6) A perfect day with Hubby: a splendidly delicious lunch at Michelin-starred restaurant Bohemia (Jersey, CI) followed by a stroll at Howard Davis Park and a relaxing afternoon in the fragrant rose garden.
7) The cruise around the Chilean fjords with my siblings and grandparents. It was their 50th wedding anniversary celebration.
8) Visiting my grandfather’s home town of Granollers, Spain. It all fell into place, I’d found my roots.
9) Sharing magical moments with my hubby in Rome. Unforgettable.
10) Walking my then-fiancée’s butt off in London. Showing him, a local, around Buckingham Palace. Well, sort of. I’d been there once already and he hadn’t. That was funny.
This post has been entered into the Grantourismo HomeAway Holiday Rentals travel blogging competition